6079 Country Ridge Drive• Troy, MI 48098• (248) 854-4351
Over 15 years of experience with business systems and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling / mapping methodology development; vast dataset processing, data mining, profiling, modeling and quality assurance; relational database system / full system life cycle development including analysis, designing, coding, testing, implementation and administration. Hands-on experience in CRM campaign analysis; advanced knowledge of database marketing practices, campaign management tools and processes. Extensive experience in analyzing both technical and statistical data, preparing presentations with sophisticated tables, charts and diagrams. Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in: Oracle; SQL Sever; MS Access; Business Objects; SAS; Visual Basic, Crystal Report.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Sharepoint, Outlook; Lotus Notes; DataFlux.
Doner - Marketing Insights, Southfield, MI 48075 2006 - Present
Business/System Analysis - Leading initiatives focused on continuous business process improvement; participating in the planning, creation and execution of business partner solution testing and acceptance.
• Working closely with project manager, business partners and project team to identify business requirements and business value/metrics, and supporting translation of those requirements into design specifications.
• Performing business process design, measuring process capability, developing and deploying new applications and enhancements to existing applications
• Coordinating and performing tests, including end-user reviews, screen and report prototype validation for modified and new processes/systems, and other post implementation support.
• Creating relevant Solution Delivery Methodology (SDM) artifacts / deliverables, such as: Business Owner View, Process Flows, Interface Requirements and entity-relationship diagrams (ERD).
• Implementing and integrating analytic platforms into client operating systems.
Campaign Analysis – Managing and delivering analytical database marketing projects for clients (Mazda Automotive (NA), LensCrafters, ADT, AAA, Great Wolf Resorts, Online Vehicle Exchange.com, TicketsNow.com, Roy’s Restaurant, and American Equity Mortgage), including mailing lists, selections, reports, mail program analyses, and other ad hoc analysis projects as requested by clients; providing analytical supports to direct marketing group and strategic planning group.
• Processing various clients’ customer and transaction data; performing exploratory data analysis (EDA); designing/creating analytic data marts for marketing analyses including statistical analysis, ad hoc reporting, database querying and data enhancement.
• Performing profile analysis, developing multi-dimension segmentation with demographic data (provided by Experian, Acxiom or Polk) and survey response data to identify target audience and customize creative messaging.
• Interfacing with Account Services team to define cell sizes for campaign test matrices.
• Creating complex queries to select appropriate individuals for inclusion and exclusion of campaigns, and generating data extracts of various formats and complexity for use by Mail and Email.
• Performing quality control for Mail / Control lists, including list pull specs verification, address standardization, de-duping, suppression, mail-control balancing, and layout and format checking.
• Providing recency, frequency, and monetary (RFM) analysis to evaluate customer behavior and define market segments.
• Performing marketing response analysis to assess overall effectiveness of database marketing efforts by measuring incrementality and ROI performance for each treatment.
• Preparing executive summaries / presentations / reports for internal/external clients to interpret analysis results, report findings, and make recommendations.
Team Detroit, Young and Rubicam Brands 2005- 2006
CRM Strategies & Intelligence - Database Marketing Services, Dearborn, MI 48126
Marketing Campaigns for Ford Motor Company: Worked with a cross-functional team to define direct marketing programs including target groups, contact methods (mail, e-mail, web), interfaces, support systems; created, executed and measured CRM campaigns; performed ad-hoc campaign analysis as needed to support internal/external clients. Provided the technical expertise to translate data sources into actionable outputs as part of marketing solutions. Designed test plans & quality control processes for the campaign and related systems. Analyzed current technology processes and infrastructure, recommended process or technology improvements.
• Coordinated input from internal/external customers, worked with direct marketing team to support all data needs related to Ford marketing campaigns, such as requirements, analysis and data integrity.
• Used SQL-based reporting tools to build marketing campaigns from the Ford Customer Knowledge Services Database System and extracted customer data for both direct and digital mailing.
• Prepared/manipulated the data sets according to business rules, searched out and correct inconsistent data, performed quality control check, and delivered final output file according to campaign project timeline.
• Performed statistical analysis, measured and report CRM campaign effectiveness to clients.
• Identify the root cause of any problem uncovered in the data process and recommend solution / measures to improve work process methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Work with application programmer to design and implement the Automation system, interfaces, and reporting systems for Database Marketing Services.
General Motors Corporation 1999 - 2005
Vehicle Structure & Safety Integration, Product Investigations, Tech Center, Warren, MI 48090
Systems Analyst / Database Administrator
Database System Administration: Designed, developed, modified and maintained fairly complex computer systems and database applications to meet the department business requirement. Provided technical training and day-to-day support to the databases’ users.
Data Analysis: Performed data analysis for GM Product Recalls, Internal and External Investigations for requests from Senior Management Communities, NA Finance, Strategy Board, Product Quality System, and Field Performance Evaluation. Gathered and analyzed statistical data, prepared reports, presentations, posters and lessons learned from product safety campaigns.
Information Request Support: Bridged the needs of the business with the use of IT solutions. Provided technical support to investigation engineers in consolidating corporate data from over 15 data sources into a common Database, developed a digital file structure for electronic information submission to NHTSA, which ended 35 years’ hard copies submission business, greatly increased data’s accuracy and process’ efficiency.
Systems & Management Consultants - Detroit, MI 48202 1998 - 1999
Programmer / Analyst
Studied and analyzed the business/system requirement, developed relational database applications to support various clients: a custom Financial Information System for Metro Airport; a Y2K Supply Chain Questionnaire Survey for Detroit healthcare organizations; a Medical Claim Tracking System for Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
Henry Ford Health System - Detroit, MI 48202 1995 - 1998
Senior Research Assistant
Responsible for clinic research data statistical analysis and database administration: used SQL, MS Access and Visual Basic to build databases for emergency medicine research projects; Crystal Reports to generate dynamic reports and graphs. Prepared and published the science reports and paper.
University of Louisiana - Lafayette, LA 70504 1990 - 1995
Conducted USDA genetic engineering research projects with biology, statistics and data analysis methods. Applied MS Access, WordPerfect, Word, Excel and SAS statistic software to process the research data and provided the data on various tables, charts for science papers and publications.
Master of Science University of Louisiana - Lafayette, Louisiana 70504
Bachelor of Science Xiamen University, P.R. of China